Rotary Club of Elko
PO Box 960
Elko, NV 89803
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
- Polio Plus and Rotarplast support
- Third grade dictionary program
- Scholarships at EHS, SCHS, and GBC
- 6 - Rotary Youth Leadership Awards
- Wheelchair delivery program
- Support Boys and Girls Club of Elko
- Support Connunities in Schools
- Support Elko Flag Foundation
- Support Elko Snow Bowl
- Support of international Rotary projects
Fundraisers We Support
- Communities in Schools
- Boys and Girls Club
- Elko Flag Foundation
- Elko Snow Bowl
- Elko High School scholarships
- Spring Creek High School scholarships
- Great Basin College scholarships
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards
- Third Grade Dictionary program
- Wheelchair program
- Polio Plus - immunization program
- Elko Student Speech Contest
- Elko Area Music Contest
- Johnny Appleseed Playground
- Early Childhood Education
Hours of OperationWeekly meetings are held every Wednesday at 12:15 p.m.
We provide strong support for local and international humanitarian needs.
Rotary International is an international service organization whose stated human rights purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and to advance goodwill and peace around the world. It is a secular organization open to all people regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference. There are 34,282 member clubs worldwide. 1.2 million individuals, called "Rotarians", have joined these clubs.
Rotarians usually gather weekly for breakfast, lunch, or dinner to fulfill their first guiding principle to develop friendships as an opportunity for service. "It is the duty of all Rotarians," states their Manual of Procedure, "outside their clubs, to be active as individuals in as many legally constituted groups and organizations as possible to promote, not only in words, but through exemplary dedication, awareness of the dignity of all people and the respect of the consequent human rights of the individual." The Rotarian's primary motto is "Service Above Self"; its secondary motto is "One profits most who serves best."
The object of Rotary is to encourage & foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service
- High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying of each Rotarian's occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian's personal, business, and community life;
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
Please visit us at: www.elkorotary.org