Boys & Girls Clubs of Elko
782 Country Club Drive
Elko, NV 89801
Great Futures Start Here
The Boys & Girls Club is open to youth ages KDGN – 18 yrs old. It is our vision to provide a world-class Club Experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who enters our doors, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Core Service Areas
The Boys & Girls Clubs are focused on achieving our worthy vision through our core development service areas:
Character & Leadership Development, Education & Career Development, Health & Life Skills, Sports, Fitness & Recreation, Fine Arts, and STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
For more than a century, Clubs have helped put young people on the path to great futures. Boys & Girls Clubs annually serve nearly 4 million young people, through membership and community outreach, in some 4,000 Club facilities throughout the country and BGCA-affiliated Youth Centers on U.S. military installations worldwide.
How We Serve
- The Boys & Girls Club Movement includes more than 1,140 independent organizations and the national organization, Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
- Through our Atlanta headquarters, regional service centers and a Government Relations office in Washington, D.C., BGCA provides assistance and support to Clubs in youth program development, resource development, marketing and communications, and more.
- Independent Boys & Girls Club organizations, which are governed locally, serve youth and communities in more than 4,000 Club locations.
- In 2012, Boys & Girls Club youth development programs, training and services impacted nearly 4 million children and teens.
- Child safety is our No. 1 priority; BGCA provides a 24-hour hotline, training and the latest resources to help Clubs be safe places for our nation's youth.
Our Reach and Scope
4,074 chartered Club facilities, including approximately:
- 1,400 in schools
- 400 BGCA-affiliated Youth Centers on U.S. military installations worldwide
- 300 in public housing
- 200 Native American lands
About the Youth We Serve
- 5% are 5 years old and under
- 46% are 6-10 years old
- 20% are 11-12 years old
- 19% are 13-15 years old
- 10% are 16 and older
- 55% are male
- 45% are female
Ethnicity of Youth Served
- Caucasian – 31%
- African-American – 29%
- Hispanic/Latino – 23%
- Multi-racial – 5%
- Asian-American – 3%
- American Indian or Alaska Native – 3